Saturday, January 26

Money, Money, Money

What-up yall this is my very first post, and I can say that I'm very exited. Hopefully you can welcome me with open arms. Today I will be talking about money, mainly teenage money. I'm talking about the big M.O.N.E.Y, the type of money that could make you or break you. Money comes in three ways cash, check, an credit cards, and needless to say I see all three being misused throughout my neighborhood. Me being a teenager myself I know I've ran into a few money problems here an there but along the years I've learned how to manage my money quite well. Every year teenagers lose money and what do they have to show for it, clothes but what would that do for you in the long run.

Young teenagers usually deals with cash, maybe from a weekly or monthly allowance that there parents gave to them, or maybe from selling candy to a friend, or selling pencils to a classmate. To some, cash may be the way to go but if you don't manage it right it could leave you flat on your face.

This girl at my school was telling everyone how she got twenty dollars every week from her parents just for keeping the house clean, I was thinking to myself, now that's a lot of money. Imagine how much money she would have at the end of every month if she saved even ten dollars each week... Anyways, as she made her money, every time I would see her at school she would Cash out left an right, and when I say cash out I mean all her money it was ridiculous. The day was Tuesday when we were in class. Our teacher told us that we all needed to pay for a certain book that cost ten dollars plus paper an pencils if needed, all which was going to cost just about eleven dollars. The teacher would call up everyone who had money except for the girl who got the allowance. I was wondering why she didn't have any money then I began to think that maybe she couldn't spend her money for whatever reason it was. When I saw her at lunch (being very nosy) I asked her how come she couldn't buy the book, she told me that all her money was gone. Now, me being me I thought to myself, how could someone who gets twenty dollars a week end up with nothing at the end of the month, then it hit me this girl was very sick from the money spending disease. In the end she learned a valuable lesson about money management.

Older teens usually deal with checks and credit cards, If you had a job then checks would be apart of your life. You know the whole cashing your check at the bank, but the most exiting thing teenagers get to deal with is their first very own credit card. Most teens can't manage a credit card, which I speak from experience. Just like cash, credit cards too can leave you flat on your face an then broke some more, so when you get some money the credit card would take what you maxed out.

This guy I know has this credit card. As soon as he got his card he went to the mall and spent spent spent, by the time he came back from the mall his credit card was nearly maxed out. (being very nosy) I asked him why did he spend all his money when he knew he was going to have to pay all of it back. He told me that he didn't care that he would pay all the money back in do time. This is what I call Biting off more then you can chew. Why would you spend more money off your credit card then what you have in the bank? I don't know about you but I want good credit...



These are just a few things I do to manage my money.



When your dealing with cash:


1) Try to put as much money in the bank as possible, That way it can grow.


2) Put away half. For whatever amount of money you earn put half of that away and use that other half for whatever.


3) Spend cash wisely. Its okay to buy what you want but maybe it would be better if you bought what you needed first.




When your dealing with checks:


1) Don't write bad checks. If you have twenty dollars in the bank no more then that should be wrote on a check when your buying something.


2) Cashing your check. Don't withdrawal all the money on your check, try to keep half in the bank.




When your dealing with credit cards:


1) Make sure you have money in the bank to back-up your card.


2) When you spend money off your card pay back more of what the credit card company ask for.


3) Don't max out your card!!.


4) If your a first time credit card user try to work with one card. Remember the more cards you have the more money you'll have to pay back.


5) Pay the money back. Good credit is everything so the more you pay back the better your credit will build.





It was true when they said money rules the world but it doesn't have to rule you. After all teenagers have their lives waiting for them so keep track of your money so that you and your family will be secure in the future...

Thank yall for reading my post an I hope it helped you out in some ways...holla back.

No comments: